One of the biggest hurdles in treating addiction is getting through withdrawal symptoms. Addiction can create powerful cravings and painful physical symptoms when you stop abusing drugs and alcohol. It is why relapse rates are so high for men and women who try to detox alone. Vivitrol treatment in Texas gives patients a real chance at getting through withdrawal symptoms so they can begin focusing on their recovery. Vivitrol is one type of medication used in a medication-assisted treatment program that is very beneficial in helping patients reach their sober goals.
At Vertava Health Texas, we provide compassionate and effective care for men and women struggling with addiction to drugs and alcohol. We employ medication-assisted treatment to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings while providing behavioral therapy to give patients healthy habits and coping skills to maintain their sobriety. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and ready for a real change, call 844.311.8395 today to speak with our professional staff about our Vivitrol treatment in Texas.
How Can Vivitrol Treatment in Texas Help with Addiction Recovery?
Vivitrol is a monthly injection that reduces alcohol and opioid abuse withdrawal symptoms. Vivitrol is the brand name for naltrexone, an opioid antagonist that blocks the euphoric effects and reduces your reliance on your substance of choice. It works by binding with the same mu-opioid receptors and blocks dopamine release for up to 30 days.
Vivitrol is the preferred method for taking naltrexone as it is long-lasting, and there is less chance of patients missing a dose and increasing their withdrawal symptoms. Medical professionals will administer the medication and make updates to minimize the risk while receiving the maximum benefits. Patients who receive Vivitrol treatment in Texas may experience mild side effects that can include:
- Upset stomach
- Muscle or joint pain
- Sleep problems
- Reaction at the injection site
Some patients may experience more severe side effects, such as eosinophilic pneumonia or liver toxicity, but the benefits outweigh the risks. At Vertava Health, our medical staff will administer your Vivitrol medication and monitor your reactions to minimize any negative side effects from your Vivitrol treatment in Texas.
Benefits of a Vivitrol Clinic in Texas
Vivitrol clinics are beneficial for patients looking for help getting through their withdrawal symptoms. Reports show that men and women who participate in behavioral therapy and Vivitrol treatment have a 90% success rate in achieving their sobriety goals.
Other benefits of a Vivitrol clinic in Texas include:
- Vivitrol is long-lasting – Vivitrol is administered once a month by a medical professional and remains in your body for 30 days.
- Minimal side effects – Most patients report only feeling mild side effects from their Vivitrol treatment in Texas. Medical staff will adjust your dosage to keep the chance of side effects low without reducing the benefits of the medication.
- Vivitrol is non-addictive – Since Vivitrol blocks the euphoric effects of alcohol and opioids, there is no risk of forming an addiction to Vivitrol.
- Reduces the risk of relapsing – Vivitrol is beneficial in reducing the risk of relapse as it stops your cravings for opioids or alcohol.
Patients can expect to continue their Vivitrol treatment for 6-12 months to receive the maximum benefits for their recovery.
Vertava Health – Texas Providing Vivitrol Treatment for Reducing Withdrawal Symptoms
At Vertava Health Texas, our Vivitrol clinic helps reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings so patients can focus on their recovery goals. We offer several addiction treatment programs to help all types of addiction. Our treatment programs include:
- Drug and Alcohol detox
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Inpatient treatment program
- Long-term addiction treatment
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Alumni program
For more information about Vivitrol clinics and how they can benefit your recovery, call Vertava Health Texas at 844.311.8395 today.