Addiction withdrawal is a serious effect of drug and alcohol abuse that causes severe cravings and physical and mental symptoms that can cause a person to relapse and potentially overdose. Suboxone treatment in Texas is available to help patients struggling with addiction. Suboxone is a medication that is a part of a medication-assisted treatment program that uses several types of medications to reduce withdrawal symptoms and allows patients to focus on their recovery.
At Vertava Health Texas, we support men and women struggling with addiction through our Suboxone clinic in Texas. We employ various behavioral and holistic therapies and medication-assisted treatment for a well-rounded program based on a patient’s unique symptoms. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and ready to make a positive change, call 844.311.8395 today to speak with our compassionate staff about our Suboxone treatment in Texas.
Why Do You Need a Suboxone Clinic?
Suboxone contains the active ingredients buprenorphine and naloxone. Together they create a powerful medication that blocks the euphoric effects of drug abuse while still allowing for partial dopamine release, which is vital for a patient’s wellbeing during recovery.
Buprenorphine is a partial opioid agonist that reduces the amount of dopamine to a more normal level. This helps reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings as your body adjusts to the absence of opioids or alcohol.
Naloxone is another opioid agonist that, on its own, can prevent opioid overdose. When combined with buprenorphine, it reduces the risk of abuse. If patients abuse opioids while participating in a Suboxone clinic, they will experience a rapid onset of withdrawal symptoms.
Common side effects of Suboxone treatment include:
- Nausea and vomiting
- Mouth or tongue numbness
- Swelling in arms and legs
At Vertava Health Texas, our medical staff understands that each patient is unique and requires different amounts of medication to be most effective. They will adjust the dosage of your Suboxone treatment to minimize side effects while still providing you with the maximum benefits.
What to Expect from Suboxone Treatment in Texas
Suboxone treatment centers reduce the risk of relapse and overdose by using Suboxone and other medications. The Federal Drug and Food Administration (FDA) has approved several medications for treating withdrawal symptoms from drugs and alcohol abuse.
Here is just some of what you can expect from a Suboxone clinic in Texas:
- When you first arrive at a Suboxone Clinic in Texas, medical staff will perform a complete evaluation to determine your medication type during your addiction treatment program.
- They will administer your medication and monitor your reactions for any adverse side effects.
- Patients will participate in private therapy to develop coping skills to deal with the thoughts and feelings that contribute to their addiction.
- Patients will practice their skills with their peers while their therapist observes their interactions in group therapy. They will also participate in other group activities such as wellness activities and wilderness and adventure programs.
- Patients bond with others in the program and form strong friendships that become a part of a growing support network.
- Family therapy is necessary for long-lasting recovery and will help rebuild broken relationships and build a stable and sober home life.
Vertava Health – Texas: Your Top Choice for Effective Suboxone Treatment
At Vertava Health Texas, we help men and women struggling with addiction through our Suboxone clinic in Texas. We provide inpatient and outpatient treatment programs, medication-assisted treatment, and various holistic therapies that are highly effective in helping our patients lead sober and happy lives.
Just some of the therapy programs we offer include:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy
- Dialectical behavior therapy
- Equine-assisted therapy
- Stress management
- Creative writing
- Family therapy
For more information about our Suboxone treatment in Texas, call 844.311.8395 today to speak with our knowledgeable staff.