There are several different types of anxiety that can cause a wide range of symptoms that can lead many people to drugs or alcohol for relief. If they continue using without getting help with their anxiety, it can cause serious mental and physical harm. Anxiety and addiction treatment is available for men and women struggling with addiction due to their anxiety through a co-occurring disorder treatment program.
At Vertava Health Texas, our anxiety and addiction treatment program in Texas provides effective, evidence-backed treatment programs for those struggling with addiction. In our dual diagnosis treatment in Texas, therapists guide patients to uncover the root cause of their anxiety and develop healthy coping skills to control their emotions and maintain their recovery. Contact us online or call 844.311.8395 today to speak with our compassionate staff to learn more about our co-occurring disorder treatment in Texas.
Understanding Anxiety and Addiction Treatment
Anxiety is a common mental health disorder that affects millions of people. Yet, only a small percentage of those people will seek out an anxiety treatment program. They feel ashamed or embarrassed to have to admit to a problem or think they are safe with self-medicating. Over time, tolerance levels can build, and if they are not careful, they can form an addiction on top of their anxiety.
At Vertava Health, there are several types of anxiety that our anxiety treatment program in Texas can help with, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Social anxiety disorder
- Specific phobias
- Panic disorder
- Separation anxiety
At Vertava Health, patients participate in our addiction treatment program in Texas to regain control of their lives. They develop life skills to cope with their anxiety while learning healthy habits that promote a productive and happy lifestyle.
How Can an Anxiety Treatment Program Help with Addiction?
Men and women whose addiction is caused by anxiety or other mental health disorders will participate in co-occurring disorder treatment. This program treats the physical and mental aspects of addiction at the same time so patients can get back to their lives as soon as possible.
Dual diagnosis treatment can benefit addiction recovery and treat anxiety symptoms through various types of behavioral therapies, including:
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) – Cognitive-behavioral therapy helps patients become aware of how their negative thoughts control their actions and how to cope with those feelings in a healthy manner.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) – DBT assists patients with self-harming or suicidal thoughts brought on by their anxiety. They learn to accept their thoughts for what they are and not let them cause any harmful behavior.
- Motivational interviewing – This technique motivates patients who want to change but lack the motivation to do so. Therapists work with them to discover their personal reasons for wanting to quit and develop those motivations.
- Mindfulness therapy – This form of therapy helps patients focus on the present and stop obsessing over past or future events. Patients learn to accept their thoughts and feelings without causing any anxiety symptoms.
Find Support with Vertava Health’s Anxiety and Addiction Treatment in Texas
At Vertava Health, our anxiety and addiction treatment in Texas provides safe and compassionate care for people struggling with anxiety and addiction. We design our treatment programs around each patient’s unique symptoms and the severity of their addiction.
Some of the treatment programs at Vertava Health Texas include:
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Co-occurring disorder treatment
- Long-term addiction treatment
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Medication-assisted treatment
If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction due to anxiety or other mental health disorders, call 844.311.8395 or contact us online to learn about our anxiety and addiction treatment in Texas.