A common cause of addiction in men and women is an inability to control their thoughts and emotions. This can lead to a build-up of anger that can perpetuate their addiction and lead to serious mental health issues. Anger management and addiction treatment are available to help those struggling with a co-occurring disorder of anger management and addiction. Co-occurring disorder treatment is the most effective way of treating multiple mental health disorders and helping patients lead healthy and happy lives.
At Vertava Health Texas, our co-occurring disorder treatment provides compassionate support for people struggling with addiction and anger management. We provide inpatient and outpatient treatment programs that give our patients the skills to control their anger and stop letting their addiction rule their lives. For more information about our anger management and addiction treatment in Texas, call 844.311.8395 or fill out our online contact form today.
How Can Dual Diagnosis Treatment Help?
Nearly half of the number of addiction cases in the U.S. also have an underlying mental health disorder. Many people will turn to drugs and alcohol to relieve their depression, anxiety, or anger. They think they are helping themselves, but in reality, they are creating an unhealthy habit of always using when they feel these emotions.
At Vertava Health, our dual diagnosis treatment in Texas helps patients cope with their anger in healthy ways and breaks the habit of always reaching for their substance of choice when they feel angry. If patients try to stop without getting help with their anger or other emotions, they will only relapse and potentially cause a situation where they hurt themselves or others.
People are likely to form a co-occurring disorder due to:
- Emotional distress and anger
- Domestic or sexual abuse
- Financial struggles
- Current affairs
- Family history
At Vertava Health, our anger management and addiction treatment in Texas gives our patients the skills they need to turn their lives around for the better. They participate in behavioral and holistic therapies, such as our anxiety treatment in Texas, that build their self-esteem and confidence in controlling their anger and abstaining from drug or alcohol use.
Benefits of an Anger Management and Addiction Treatment Program
Addiction is a mental health disorder that is treatable through having a better understanding of addiction and the thoughts and feelings that lead to it. Anger is a very common emotion that causes patients to turn to drugs and alcohol, leading to a co-occurring disorder that requires more extensive treatment.
At Vertava Health, there are many benefits of our anger management and addiction treatment in Texas, including:
- Patients will participate in behavioral therapy to help them understand where their anger is coming from and develop coping skills to stop letting it get out of control.
- Medical staff will administer medications to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings, so patients can focus on their behavioral therapy while treating the physical symptoms of addiction simultaneously.
- Therapists will work with patients in individual and group therapy to develop their coping skills and gain confidence in their ability to maintain their sobriety in any situation.
- Patients work on building their communication and relationship skills while building strong bonds with their peers.
- Patients will also participate in family therapy to rebuild shattered relationships and create a safe and supportive home environment.
Choose Vertava Health for Anger Management and Addiction Treatment in Texas
At Vertava Health Texas, our anger management treatment program in Texas gives patients the life skills they need to control their anger and maintain their recovery from addiction. If you or a loved one is struggling with anger and addiction and are ready to make a positive change, visit us online or call 844.311.8395 today to learn more about our anger management and addiction treatment program in Texas.