Addiction is a mental health disorder that requires different levels of treatment. Some people will need a high level of care, while others will benefit from a less restrictive form of addiction recovery. An intensive outpatient program supports men and women whose addiction is not severe enough to require round-the-clock care. An intensive outpatient program gives patients the therapy they need while keeping up with their home and work commitments.
At Vertava Health Texas, we help men and women struggling with addiction through our intensive outpatient program in Scurry, Texas. When you first arrive at our private facility, therapists and medical staff will perform a complete evaluation to determine which addiction treatment program is best for the severity of your addiction. If you or a loved one is struggling with addiction and want help with recovery, contact our Vertava Health Texas team online or call 844.311.8395 today to learn about our intensive outpatient program in Texas.
What Is an Intensive Outpatient Program?
An intensive outpatient treatment program is a less restrictive level of addiction treatment where patients live at home or in a sober environment while attending therapy several hours a day. It is often the second or third stage of recovery for patients who start an addiction treatment program and need full-time care.
Patients whose addiction is not as severe can start with an intensive outpatient program. Those with an addiction that is interfering with their lives will need to start with full-time care.
A typical addiction recovery process will consist of:
- Residential treatment program for full-time care
- Partial hospitalization program for twenty to forty hours per week
- Intensive outpatient program for ten to twenty hours per week
- Alumni program for continual, life-long support
Each program is a step down from the last, with fewer time requirements for each stage. Each program provides patients with the same behavioral and holistic therapies that can greatly improve their chance of maintaining lifelong recovery. At Vertava Health Texas, we offer residential and outpatient treatment programs to help our patients in every stage of their recovery journey from start to finish.
What to Expect in Vertava Health’s Intensive Outpatient Treatment Center in Texas
Addiction has many different symptoms that are unique to the individual. At Vertava Health Texas, patients will participate in various behavioral therapies in a safe and encouraging environment through group and individual sessions to effectively treat the symptoms.
In our intensive outpatient program in Texas, you can expect:
- Patients attend therapy five to ten hours per week while keeping up with their work and family commitments. To attend IOP in Texas, patients must have a sober living environment to return to each night.
Medical staff will provide medication through our medication-assisted treatment program to reduce withdrawal symptoms and cravings until they no longer need the medication.
- Patients will participate in individual therapy to discover how their thoughts and feelings control their behavior and contribute to abuse. They develop coping skills to confront their emotions instead of hiding from them through drugs and alcohol.
- Patients will participate in group therapy with others in the program to practice their coping skills while their therapist monitors their interactions. They work on improving communication and relationship skills while gaining confidence in maintaining their sobriety.
- Family therapy is included with your addiction recovery to help patients and their families rebuild trust and any broken relationships.
Choose Vertava Health for a Comprehensive IOP in Texas
At Vertava Health Texas, our intensive outpatient program in Texas supports men and women who are continuing their recovery journey or just starting out. Our comfortable and private facility offers several types of addiction treatment programs to help a wide range of addiction types.
The programs we offer at Vertava Health Texas include:
- Drug and alcohol detox
- Residential treatment program
- Partial hospitalization program
- Intensive outpatient program
- Medication-assisted treatment
- Co-occurring disorder treatment program
- 12-step program
- Long-term addiction care
- First responders addiction treatment program
- Veterans support program
Get started with our intensive outpatient treatment program in Texas today by calling 844.311.8395 or using our convenient online form.