Drug use and addiction are conditions that do not discriminate. People all over the United States suffer from substance use disorders, but some states suffer more than others. Texas, the largest state in the nation, sits somewhere in the middle regarding the drug epidemic that has swept the nation. Fortunately, Texas has a number of addiction treatment options available throughout the state for residents struggling with addiction. Many of these options have proven to be highly successful at helping people address and overcome substance use disorders. The sooner a person seeks treatment for a drug or alcohol addiction, the better their odds are for a full recovery.
If you are looking for effective drug rehab in Texas, contact us today at 844.230.5931. Discuss your options with an addiction treatment specialist, inquire about our programs, and begin your recovery journey at Vertava Health Texas.
Drug Use And Addiction Statistics In Texas
Like other states, Texas is not immune to drug and alcohol addiction. From alcohol to marijuana to methamphetamine, Texas is full of people struggling with substance use disorders. Let’s take a closer look at drug use statistics in Texas by individual drug:
- Alcohol—Alcohol is the most widely used drug in the state of Texas. In fact, this state has the highest rate of drunk-driving rates in the country, which an estimated 38 percent of all driving-related deaths in 2017 caused by intoxicated driving.
- Opioids—While not as severe as in some states, Texas is still experiencing the effects of the opioid epidemic. In 2016, opioid-related deaths in Texas increased by an estimated 7.4 percent.
- Marijuana—Marijuana is one of the most commonly used drugs in Texas, behind alcohol and opioids. This substance accounts for approximately 60 percent of all drug-related arrests in the state.
- Methamphetamine—Methamphetamine use in Texas is currently a major point of concern. Methamphetamine-related deaths surpassed heroin-related deaths in 2016 and are predicted to continue to rise. The Drug Enforcement Agency reported that the seizure of methamphetamine crossing the Mexico-Texas border increased by an estimated 103 percent from 2014 to 2016.
- Cocaine—The use of cocaine is also a problem in Texas, although the prevalence of this drug has decreased in recent years. Texas has one of the highest rates of cocaine use among individuals ages 12 to 17 in the nation.
While these statistics are certainly alarming, it’s important to know that help is available for anyone who needs it.
Drug Rehab Success Statistics In Texas
Texas has drug and alcohol addiction resources in nearly every city that range from walk-in clinics to luxury inpatient rehab centers. With more than 500 treatment facilities throughout the state, anyone who is willing to get help is able to. The following are drug rehab statistics from 2013 based on substance:
- 28 percent of rehab admissions were alcohol-related
- 24 percent of rehab admissions were due to opioid use or addiction
- 23 percent of admissions into rehab programs were related to marijuana use or addiction
- 13 percent of people who entered rehab were addicted to methamphetamine
- 11 percent of individuals seeking treatment did so due to cocaine use or addiction
Texas has many programs in place to support drug and alcohol addiction recovery. One of these is the Drug-Free Communities (DFC) Support Program, which works directly with Texas organizations to help prevent adolescent drug use. Additionally, Texas implemented more drug courts in recent years, which focus on sending people to treatment rather than jail when arrested for drug-related crimes. This has proven to be successful and has significantly lowered rates of further arrests in people who attend treatment.
When Is it Time to Consider Rehab?
If you can relate to any of the following statements, it is time to consider beginning your recovery journey in rehab.
- I have little or no control over my substance abuse habits, even though I try.
- My mental health is negatively impacted by my substance use and vice versa.
- I spend a lot of my time trying to get ahold of a substance each day.
- I feel withdrawal symptoms and have severe mood swings when I cannot use a substance.
- I have no interest anymore in things I used to enjoy because of my substance use.
- My loved ones are expressing concerns over my health and appearance due to my substance use.
- I’m experiencing problems at home, work, or school related to my substance use.
- I have built up a tolerance to my substance of choice and need to use it more and more for the same effects.
- I am having financial problems due to the expensive nature of my addiction.
- I would like to regain control of my life from addiction.
Help is available to those who need it; take the first step today and reach out for it.
Get the Help You Need for Addiction at Vertava Health – Texas
With hundreds of rehab facilities throughout the state, seeking drug or alcohol treatment in Texas is not a challenging task. However, it’s vital to ensure that you or your loved one pursue the most appropriate form of treatment for your unique needs and condition. Vertava Health Texas, located in Scurry, Texas, offers a variety of addiction treatment programs to ensure that every patient’s needs are met.
To learn more about Texas drug rehab statistics or to explore the treatment options offered at Vertava Health Texas, contact one of our treatment specialists today by calling 844.230.5931.