Depression is one of the most common mental health disorders affecting millions of men and women in Texas and across the country. Knowing the signs of depression is vital to know if you suspect a friend or loved one is struggling with this treatable disorder and needs help. Addiction is very common with depression and can make maintaining sobriety more challenging. A depression and addiction treatment center focus on both conditions simultaneously for a more effective treatment experience.
At Vertava Health Texas, our treatment center works with all people who are struggling with depression and addiction and need help managing their symptoms and triggers. When patients first arrive, therapists will run a full assessment of their physical and mental health to create a comprehensive treatment plan that addresses both conditions at the same time. For severe cases, medication is used to minimize depressive symptoms, addiction withdrawals, and cravings. Reach out to our trained team today at 844.230.5931 for more information about our depression and addiction treatment program.
Recognizing the Signs of Depression
Most people will feel depressed at some point in their lives. It goes away in a few days for most men and women, and they do not feel any lingering symptoms. For others, depression can last weeks, months, or even years and severely impact their ability to function. In extreme cases, individuals may sleep all day and still feel exhausted or have zero desire or willpower to get up in the morning.
Some of the common signs of depression include:
- Feeling sad, empty, or feeling hopeless
- Withdrawing from friends and family
- A lack of interest in favorite activities
- Insomnia or hypersomnia
- Unexplained sadness or crying
- Severe mood changes
- Mental confusion
- Changes in eating habits
Instead of seeking treatment for their depression, most people will use alcohol or drugs to help them cope with their sadness. When they combine their anti-depression medication with other narcotics, they risk developing a strong addiction that can lead to using more dangerous drugs with a high fatality rate.
At Vertava Health Texas, our behavioral therapists work individually with each patient to create a safe space for them to open up about their depression and begin healing. Patients learn healthy coping skills for managing their symptoms and start seeing themselves and the world around them in a new, positive light.
Treating Addiction and Depression Symptoms
Treating addiction and depression is a complicated process. Each condition is a cause and a symptom of the other. Depression can lead to addiction, and addiction can lead to depression. Fortunately, co-occurring disorders and dual-diagnosis treatment programs can address both conditions and create a complete recovery experience.
Here are just some of the benefits of treating depression symptoms through an accredited treatment facility:
- A better understanding of addiction and depression – Patients learn about the dangers of addiction and how those who live with depression, anxiety, or other disorders are more susceptible to substance abuse. They develop new skills for coping with their feelings by learning to process them without causing negative thoughts, behaviors, or cravings.
- A wide sober support network – Patients will have plenty of chances to bond with their peers and develop healthy relationships supporting each other’s recovery. These friendships will become a lifelong support system they can rely on whenever old temptations and cravings return. Plus, many treatment centers offer aftercare and alumni programs for continual support.
- Medical support for severe symptoms – In cases of extreme depression and addiction withdrawal symptoms, medical staff will administer medications proven to reduce the common symptoms of both disorders. As they progress through the program and symptoms diminish, so will the need for the medication. Most patients will be 100% drug-free by the end of the program.
Recognizing the signs of depression is important to know if a friend or loved one is struggling with depression, addiction, or a combination of both. Many times, depression and addiction co-occur and can complicate the recovery process.
Join Vertava Health – Texas for Our Depression and Addiction Treatment
At Vertava Health Texas, we support men and women from all walks of life who are struggling with addiction and depression. Our certified behavioral therapists have experience treating multiple conditions and will develop a close relationship with each patient to help them open up about their feelings. Patients will participate in several types of therapy, including behavioral therapy, equine-assisted therapy, adventure and wilderness therapy, and other holistic programs. Discover all of the benefits of depression and addiction therapy by calling 844.230.5931 today to begin getting back to your happy and sober self.