When researching treatment for substance abuse and acute behavioral health crises, consider the benefits of a partial hospitalization program in Texas. A partial hospitalization program, or PHP, involves balancing outside life and time spent in a more controlled environment. Intense therapy across hours of the day coupled with jobs, home, and pursuits outside the clinical setting. Is PHP suitable for you?
At Vertava Health Texas, our partial hospitalization programs emphasize skills and strategies for a healthy lifestyle and cultivate mindsets for independent living. Finding the right blend of therapies is nuanced; there’s no one correct way to resolve mental health challenges. With a better understanding of the benefits of partial hospitalization programs, you may find a PHP to be a good fit for you or your loved one.
Is Outpatient Rehab the Right Option?
A variety of conditions and challenges lead people to seek a PHP. Regardless of why you are seeking PHP, know that this level of care can provide you with the skills and support you need to manage your symptoms, cope with challenging life circumstances and improve your overall well-being. That’s why it’s essential to know some signs and symptoms of acute behavioral health distress that can determine when it’s time to ask for help and whether a PHP may work for you.
While not a comprehensive list, certain key indicators are universal:
- Suicidal thoughts and ideation, or a history thereof
- Inability to resolve or manage one’s behavioral challenges
- Unpredictable mood swings and harmful behaviors
- Growing mental health issues or deepening existing disorders
- Unresolved grief, anxiety, or loss that negatively impacts relationships and responsibilities
When leading an independent life feels unmanageable, a partial hospitalization offers a different path. Integrating sustained therapeutic sessions while navigating real-world routines—work, children, and relationships can give clients a greater sense of balance.
5 Benefits of Partial Hospitalization Programs
An outpatient setting has a lot to offer those who’ve recently repeated an inpatient program and those not necessarily seeking an around-the-clock level of care. Aside from balancing outside and inside life, PHPs serves clients in several important ways.
- Varied scheduling facilitates real-world involvement – A partial hospitalization program supports commitments to jobs, friends, or education because the schedules are flexible. With a PHP, clients spend evenings, weekends, and free time with loved ones or on their own. By continuing to work and participate in outside activities, clients can work toward balance.
- PHPs are less of a financial commitment than inpatient care – A PHP provides high-quality care from a range of mental health professionals and is more cost-effective than a 24-hour program. As such, insurance often covers more sessions, thereby extending access to ongoing care.
- Clients can practice new skills in real-time – By spending concentrated hours within PHP, clients can try out new strategies at home, work, and outside life. The opportunity to transfer skills to outside life helps the transition from PHP to independence.
- Medical and mental health professionals are involved – The access to a range of mental health professionals also includes the opportunity to meet with medical doctors. PHPs draw from various providers, creating a comprehensive program for each client.
- Clients find individual and group therapy options – The ability to benefit from personalized and peer support. Because each client is unique, there’s no “right way” to do therapy. Through a partial hospitalization program, clients receive input in various ways.
Find Help With PHP at Vertava Health – Texas
Do the benefits of a partial hospitalization program feel like the best next step? From cognitive-behavioral or dialectic behavior therapies to group therapy, individualized plans, and support groups, Vertava Health Texas strives to provide numerous resources. With an expert team of addiction and behavioral health specialists at Vertava Health Texas, outpatient rehab means more than one way to heal. Call 844.311.8395 to learn more.